Become an Intern
The central mission of the Cross-Cultural Center is to create a space of dialogue where individuals learn about themselves as well as others in a supportive environment. Within this
Interns learn job-related skills and the importance and impact of
Interns are the faces, eyes, and ears of the Center. They keep us on top of student passions, concerns, and issues. They teach us about the ethnic, sexual orientation, class, age, gender, religious, ability, generational, and identity dimensions concerning student development experiences. They are our heart line. The interns are our pulse for campus life.
The love, passion
Although interns are hired with a specific job function, much of the work they do expands the boundaries of what is listed in the job description. Because collaboration is a core value of the Cross, interns are expected to collaborate with one another on projects, programs and to make the center run smoothly. Some of this work is strategically defined for the interns in their job descriptions, but much of will just flow naturally. *Please note that the internship positions are currently only offered to full-time UC San Diego undergraduate students.
The 2019–2020 UCSD Undergraduate Intern Applications are NOW CLOSED.
Cross-Cultural Center UCSD Undergraduate intern positions:
- Social Justice Educator
- Common Ground Social Media and Marketing Intern
- Joy de la Cruz Art and Activism Intern
- Affiliate and Leadership Intern
- Jim Lin Alumni Relations & Development Intern
Application and Conditions of Employment NOW CLOSED:
*Instructions for filling out and submitting the application:
- Download application (one application can be used for multiple positions)
- Open with Adobe Acrobat DC or Preview, then "save as" (name your document and save PDF onto your computer)
- Use "fill & sign" option to fill out the application
- Double check for accuracy, then print and sign
- "You," the applicant must turn in application and supplement materials in person to the Cross-Cultural Center by Tuesday, January 22, 2019, by 4 pm
*For technical support, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858-534-5689
REQUIRED FOR A COMPLETE APPLICATION Check each box below to ensure you understood and will be able to provide all required materials by
- Include a one-page statement detailing why you are interested in an intern position with the Cross-Cultural Center and what skills you bring to the position, especially for the Common Ground Social Media & Marketing and Joy de la Cruz Art and Activism positions (a resumé may not substitute).
- One letter of recommendation from someone who can speak to your motivation, experience, and ability to excel in and benefit from this internship. Must come from someone in a leadership position; i.e. professor, supervisor, student org chair, staff member, volunteer staff coordinators, etc.) Letter of recommendation must be different from the references listed above. The letter must be signed and sealed in an envelope and handed in person; be provided separately from your application if needed, but on or before January 22, 2019,
4pm. Send electronic may letter(s) of recommendation to:Violeta Gonzales, email@example.com or fax attn.: Violeta Gonzales 858-822-0173
- Verify availability for mandatory conditions of employment, sign, and submit with
INITIAL ELIGIBILITY (for more additional requirements, see “Conditions of Employment”)
- I am and will be a UCSD full-time undergraduate student spring 2019 and for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- I am available to work as a UCSD part-time student intern employee September 4,
2019to June 14, 2020. (*some positions may potentially start August 28, 2019)
- I will not be studying abroad or taking a leave of absence during Spring 2019 and September 2019-June 2020.
- I have a working
To find out more about CCC internships, please contact internship director Violeta Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note - CCC internships are open to full-time UCSD undergraduate students.