The Cross-Cultural Center is committed to supporting the needs of UCSD’s campus communities by creating a welcoming and holistic learning environment for everyone. Our vision at the Cross-Cultural Center is to empower UCSD to recognize, challenge, and take proactive approaches to diversity for campus as a whole. As part of the UC San Diego Campus Community Centers, we value differences and building relationships at all levels of the university and experience community and diversity through a broad lens.
Find out more information about What We Do, all the different Affiliate Organizations we collaborate with, and the many services and programs we provide through our center. Come visit us in person to hang out, attend an event, study in our library or check out art work!
To empower UCSD to recognize, challenge, and take proactive approaches to diversity for the campus and the San Diego community.
The UCSD Cross-Cultural Center is dedicated to supporting the needs of UCSD’s diverse student, staff and faculty communities. Our mission is to create a learning environment in which the entire campus community feels welcome. Within this charge, and in collaboration with existing campus programs, the Cross-Cultural Center's priority is to:
- Facilitate the academic, professional and personal development of students, staff and faculty who are members of historically under-represented groups.
- Provide programs and services to foster discussions on issues related to the creation of a multi-ethnic, culturally conscious university.
We strive for cross-cultural understanding and appreciation of all our diverse histories and experiences. We promote:
- Meaningful dialogues across ethnic and cultural lines while providing support for single group interest.
- Access to higher education and other retention efforts which encourage the success, and educational and professional development of all individuals, particularly those from underrepresented groups.
- Cross-Cultural programs to the larger San Diego community which enhance the community involvement and academic mission of UCSD students, staff and faculty through programming, symposia, internships and skills development activities.
- Guidance, training, and support to other campus units towards the accomplishment of a vision of equity, equality and diversity.